Loading Bay Safety
Prevent Unscheduled Truck Departure with Salvo
What is SALVO?
Salvo is a unique loading dock safety system that interlocks the vehicle's own braking system with the dock door, ensuring that a trailer cannot depart until loading has finished with the dock door locked closed.
How does SALVO work?
- Vehicle arrives and the heavy duty stainless steel/aluminum SGL lock is applied to the trailer brake line.
- The heavy duty key can only be removed from the SGL once it is locked on the trailer.
- The uniquely coded key is used to unlock its assigned dock door.
- While the door is open, the key is trapped.
- Only once the loaders have finished loading/unloading and locked the door closed will the key be released.
- The released key is then taken to remove the SGL brake lock.
- Driver can safely depart.
Why Use SALVO?
- Enforces OSHA / FMCSA regulations.
- Dock personnel have total control of their environment
- Self enforcing - No paperwork requirements
- Solutions for all door types, no doors or tanker loading systems
- Solutions for all vehicle types.
- Minimal installation and maintenance
- Security - physically locks dock doors
- Provides a barrier for fall prevention
- Customizable to fit any dock procedure.
- Heavy Duty
- Fast. Safe. Fool-proof.
Click small image to enlarge:
Download PDF Documentation:
To save the file without viewing, please right-click and choose 'Save Link As...'